Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The silence of Meditation is a skill of learning to manage powerful energy's at very high velocities, higher orders of existence and channeling of knowledge known only in the light of the Universe.

Meditation is a practice that has been around since people themselves have been, when our most primal of ancestors stopped foraging for just a moment and looked into the sky with deep contemplation overtaking them with emotions they could not explain, but leaving them forever changed.

I have meditated for forty years, and taught it to everyone that ever asked me to in that time. I do it now as I walk, talk, and move about my daily life, and in times of stress, I assume the usual positions associated with the practice. There are many forms of the practice, and many tapes of guided meditations, all well and good. It is good for us to stop our routines, sit calmly and find our peace in meditational space. Prayer, just stopping to look at the deer passing, this is all an exercise in meditation.

Meditation became very popular in the early seventies, along with many other practices, like smoking weed too. " Hit this shit man - you'll see God dude." Well I smoked a lot weed, did the peyote thing in the flotation tanks, even got a couple of mantras for it, but just plain old fashioned meditating is what has gotten me where I wanted to go, out of the drama and adrenaline addiction of this culture.

As I meditated across the years, I could sense my own evolution as a person in pursuit of my own excellence, not perfection. I so loved the feeling, frequencies and tones of the practice, but over time became very frustrated with returning to ' reality ' and its seeming antithesis of the emotions I was just enjoying. I would open my eyes and listen as I returned, kids yelling, doors slamming, phone ringing, back to ' have to " now. I then began to develop a meditational state that would stay with me after I returned to my domestic bliss. I kept a mantra running in my mind as I walked through the days and nights, working, raising the kids, being a husband, worker, yaddi yaddi - yah.

As I did this, at first it required me to restart the mantra whenever I was done consciously dealing with other thoughts and people, but within a month, I noticed it had gotten with the program, and would appear of its own power when my mind was not actively engaged, now it is there as the primary state in my mind.

During this retraining of myself, I noticed too that the practice of meditation was taking an evolutionary path of its own within me, and within its introduction on a global basis. The mantras I use are as ancient as the practice itself, same mantra used across countless centuries, each meditator adding their energies to its energy, this is a powerful evolution across time and space, so as I use it, I am tapping into the energies of everyone that ever kept it sacred in their mind. I am going to be writing other articles regarding the actual transformational abilities of the practice on biology’s and energy systems within the Human form, but for now, I want to discuss this aspect. The Universe, God, Goddess, whatever your preferred imagery is, gives us what we need to survive and thrive, if we but just stand still long enough to receive it. Meditation exploded onto the seventies scene, because it was what we needed to learn to survive the times we live in. By all accounts from prophecy, sciences, and religions gone mad, we are in a time of extraordinary changes, unlike few Humans have ever seen. As these changes begin to change the face of the globe, weather pattern changes, and global restructuring, there will be a lot of anguish in our futures, stress as we have not imagined, and just a general fear inundating the planet, as we are currently witnessing.

Spiritual practices have a much deeper and pragmatic intent than just bring us closer to our creator, they lay the foundation of an occurrence that has been evolving in Humanity since time began, the ability to evolve by will. In these times, they are evolving into more than ' hobby status ' and psychic fair attractions, also more than just simple exercise and wellness training. They are the skills we will need to survive this change all the world is talking about, to not only stay alive, but to keep our sanity amidst the impending chaos and fear, and to know where to go and what to do next.

Meditation is the simplest form of change, the easiest to do, and the most profound regarding internal changes, laying a foundation within the mind and biology that will create changes that will see you into the future, calmly and productively. Too easy ? Yes, for marketability to a culture entrenched in the complicated, and one that has been nurtured to believe that their only salvation is from a government, or pill, that somehow outside sources will fix it all.

Bottom line - it is up to us, each one as individuals to seek out these skills and implement them into ourselves to ensure our future, and no religion is required nor some sub-cultural belief system, just common sense of a practice with science reinforcing its value to us. I recall after 9-11, the people grid locked on the streets, running out of gas trying to get gas, the rage at the stations that ran out of it, people sneaking in the back doors stealing bread off the shelves. It is a sight we will see soon in many parts of the world, and in fact are now a daily sight in many countries. I have five children and seven grandchildren, with more to come, and I will not see them dying from panic, angry mobs, or overwhelming fear. During the event I described, I was the one watching calmly, as will those that have seen the wisdom to learn these skills. We will be the ones walking away from the chaos, knowing where to go, and what to do, and we will be quiet until the chaos is over, because we have the skills needed to get onto the next thing the Universe has planned.

It is our responsibility to ourselves, our families, and our loved ones to learn to evolve ourselves within the circumstances we find ourselves in. Meditation will do that for you, and lead your minds eye to see other things that we can do for ourselves and our neighbors, rather than falling to the ' every man for himself ' mentality. At worst, if the world stays exactly the same for the next thousand years, you will have evolved by your own wisdom and free will.

No comments:

Post a Comment